Unforgettable October half term adventures in Cornwall: Exploring Padstow, St Ives, Mawgan Porth, and Fowey
As October half term approaches, we invite you to embrace the enchanting golden hues of a Cornish autumn at our idyllic parks located in the picturesque locales of Padstow, Fowey, Mawgan Porth and St Ives. At this time of year, our park surroundings come alive with the vibrant colours of autumn, offering a breathtaking backdrop for one more family holiday in before winter's embrace sets in. Wrap up and join us in Cornwall for a holiday by nature this October half term.
Watch the leaves fall in Fowey
Near Penmarlam Lodge Retreat
- Fowey Aquarium: Located on the town's quayside, the Fowey Aquarium is a fantastic place for families to explore marine life native to the local area. It's both educational and entertaining, making it a great rainy day activity for unpredictable autumn days
- Coastal Walks: Fowey is nestled in an area of outstanding natural beauty, and the South West Coast Path offers breathtaking views of the coastline. During October, the brisk sea air and colourful autumn foliage will make for some memorable family walks. Bundle up and savour the scenic Fowey to Polperro route, featuring stunning cliffs, quaint fishing villages, and cosy hot chocolate pit stops.
- Fowey Museum: To gain a deeper understanding of Fowey's rich history and maritime heritage, visit the Fowey Museum. Here, you'll find exhibits showcasing the town's connections with famous historical figures and its role in shipbuilding and trade.
Snuggle up close to St Ives
Half an hour drive from Parbola Holiday Park
- Tate St Ives: St Ives is renowned for its thriving arts scene, and a visit to the Tate St Ives is a must for budding art enthusiasts. The gallery features modern and contemporary art, often influenced by the coastal surroundings and the renowned St Ives School of artists. You and your little ones can also take part in the Art Adventurers Town Trail. Grab a £3 map at the gallery to follow artists' footsteps, create beach art, explore a hidden garden, and note it all in your artist sketchbook.
- Surfing: Although the sea might be cooler in October, it's still a great time to try your hand at surfing. Several surf schools in St Ives offer lessons for all skill levels, ensuring that you have a safe and fun experience in the water if you're brave enough to brace the cold.
- St Ives Harbour: Stroll around the picturesque harbour, where colourful fishing boats bob gently on the water. You might even be lucky enough to spot seals, which are known to frequent the area. Stop by one of the charming cafes for a cup of tea and a taste of Cornish cream tea.
Pick Padstow for your half term adventure
Near Padstow Holiday Village
- Camel Creek Adventure Park: This family theme park offers rides, indoor and outdoor play areas, and animal encounters. It's a fun and entertaining option for kids.
- Camel Trail: If you're looking for a family-friendly activity, rent bikes and explore the Camel Trail. This disused railway line has been converted into a scenic and relatively flat cycling path that takes you from Padstow to Wadebridge, passing through beautiful countryside along the River Camel.
- Padstow Harbour: Enjoy the charm of this picturesque fishing village. Watch the fishing boats come in with their catches, and explore the boutique shops and galleries along the quaint streets. Until early November, you can take the family on a Padstow Sealife Safari boat trip to see seals, dolphins, and other marine life.
Make Mawgan Porth your autumn escape
- Japanese Garden and Bonsai Nursey: A short walk from Sun Haven, take a serene walk amidst Japanese maples and colourful autumn foliage.
- Mawgan Porth beach: Our neighbouring beach takes on a peaceful charm in the autumn. Go for a family stroll on the sandy shores taking in the crisp breeze or even take to the seas if it's mild for a family surfing lesson. Many local surfing schools still run during October half term.
- Eden Project: While not directly in Mawgan Porth, the world-famous Eden Project is just a short drive away. Explore the biomes and discover a fascinating array of plants from around the world. Keep an eye out for special events and fun workshops, which often take place during school holidays.
Come and see us this October half term
- We believe service truly matters
- We care about people
- We love the environment
- We create community
- We believe in fair practice